Thursday, July 26, 2007

Welcome to "The check, please!"

As you might guess, I strongly believe that life is too short to eat bad food. Unfortunately, when you travel as much as I do, you keep finding yourself somewhere abroad without having had the time to do research to find a good place to eat. Having faced that situation (and a mediocre-at-best piece of food in front of me) a couple of times, I decided to start this blog to share some good experiences I had with restaurants around the world.

I started rating restaurants at the age of 10 - the criteria at that time being the amount of cheese on a pizza, the cleanliness of toilets, and how long the waiters were able to keep a smile while facing a besserwissering child trying to play the restaurant critic. While the criteria have changed since then, I'll still try to give you a picture of both the food and the overall "experience" of each restaurant I post.

As this blog is just a list of places I have eaten at and I would recommend, you won't find a Michelin- or Gault-Millau-style number rating for the restaurants. Generally, I hope that no-one will find bad food in any of the restaurants recommended here. If you happen to visit or know a restaurant mentioned, please do share your own views and experiences, especially as the quality might change over time.

Enjoy,
Jan

No comments: